Lead

Jun 16 04 12:22 PM

Tags : :

does anyone here know how to cook ginataang hipon..
just share it naman..
i like it kaya lang hindi ko alam kung paano ang perfect na luto nito..
thanks in advance..

“Life is a series of experience, each one of which
makes us bigger, eventhough it is hard to realize this.
For the world was built to develop character;
And we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we
Endure help us in our marching onward”.

Smile, can bring happiness to the whole world...

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Jun 16 04 1:00 PM

Well I'm not familiar with the way it's cooked but I can second-guess it from the taste. Don't expect measurements since I'm not a real cook (I'm more of a diner). So here goes:

1. Buy fresh shrimps that are about the size of your pinky to your thumb. Don't buy the BIG and thick tiger prawns because they'll taste too flaky and dry if cooked too long. Smaller sizes give you a nicer and softer bite.

2. Heat about 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a saute pan. Saute some garlic, a slice or two of ginger and a bit of finely diced onions. Add the shrimps and season with salt and pepper.

3. Saute the shrimps for a few minutes until just a bit undercooked but already coloured a bit pink. Take the shrimps off the saute pan. As much as possible, leave the bits of garlic, onion and ginger in the pan.

4. Add the coconut milk into the pan sauce and simmer. Stir occasionally to avoid the coconut milk sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning. Simmer till it becomes a bit thick.

5. Add the siling-daliri (long green finger chile) to the coconut milk and simmer for about 8-10 minutes. Add the shrimps back into the pan and simmer for about 5-8 minutes to avoid overcooking the shrimps.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jun 16 04 2:01 PM

eto naman ang version ng nanay ko..

pakuluan for 5 minutes ang shrimp sa suka, bawang and paminta..then lagay mo yung gata (as much as possible yung kakang gata) o pwede na ring yung first na gata...add sili na pansigang, season it with salt..simmer again..for 5 minutes...kung type mo ang hindi masaydong masabaw...habaan mo ang pagsisimmer...

sana magets mo... tambayan/4_6_2v.gif tambayan/birgits_giggle.gif

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 17 04 4:55 AM

Laguna style

ing. Hipong kainaman ang laki, gata, suka, bawang, paminta(opt) kamias(opt) brown sugar

1) choose Hipong Imelda ( tawag sa med hipon sa Laguna), yung di masyadong malaki, available yan sa mga palengke.

2) wash it with running water.

3) sa isang kilong hipon (madami 'to) tatlong niyog ang gamitin para mas malapot.

4) Pigain ang Gata, ihiwalay ang kakang gata sa mga panghuling piga.

5) ilagay ang hipon sa kawali, ihalo ang suka, bawang at paminta HUWAG MUNA HAHALUIN
6) kapag mapula na ang hipon ilagay ang maputlang gata, pakuluan muli, pwede nang haluin

7) pagkulo, ihalo na ang brown sugar(ang dami e depende na sa inyong panglasa)

8) Ihalo na ang kakang gata, huwag takpan ang kawali, ilagay ang apoy sa medium, ihalo ang kamias kung gustong meron, patuyuan ang gata, kapag nagmamantika na, OK na yan, napakasarap, ubos ang 3 kilong kanin sa pamilya nyo.

I LOVE U ALL!

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 17 04 6:35 AM

thanks sa lahat ng nagreply.......its appreciated a lot.. thanks..

“Life is a series of experience, each one of which
makes us bigger, eventhough it is hard to realize this.
For the world was built to develop character;
And we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we
Endure help us in our marching onward”.

Smile, can bring happiness to the whole world...

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jun 17 04 6:39 AM

QUOTE (twinkletz @ Jun 17 2004, 10:35 AM)
thanks sa lahat ng nagreply.......its appreciated a lot.. thanks..

try mo lahat ..then tell us kung ano ang kinalabasan... tambayan/thmbup.gif

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 30 04 10:47 PM

me sa laguna lolo and lola ko, my lolo is popular for this dish... pero one part i do not like is his adding kamias... pero siguro depende sa tao yan.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. - Albert Einstein.

Happiness depends upon ourselves. - Aristotle
Happiness does not depend on outward things, but on the way we see them. - Leo Tolstoy

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Nov 15 04 6:59 PM

QUOTE (holly @ Nov 14 2004, 03:28 PM)
tambayan/thmbup.gif ha ha ha ha !

guys...shrimps daw for sex power....yummmy...

tambayan/roflmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo.gif

ganyan din ang sabi ng asawa ko,kaya hindi sya masyado
kumakain ng hipon.. tambayan/mf_laughbounce2.gif tambayan/mf_laughbounce2.gif

totoo naman kaya iyan?

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

May 15 05 9:15 AM

yong malalaking hipon tapos daming gulay...

"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."
-- Oprah Winfrey on friendship

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Aug 16 06 7:05 AM

ulam namin ito kahapon...sarap tambayan/clapping.gif

"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."
-- Oprah Winfrey on friendship

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 18 06 5:47 PM

QUOTE (ericdred @ June 16, 2004 03:02 pm)
Well I'm not familiar with the way it's cooked but I can second-guess it from the taste. Don't expect measurements since I'm not a real cook (I'm more of a diner). So here goes:

1. Buy fresh shrimps that are about the size of your pinky to your thumb.  Don't buy the BIG and thick tiger prawns because they'll taste too flaky and dry if cooked too long. Smaller sizes give you a nicer and softer bite.

2. Heat about 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a saute pan. Saute some garlic, a slice or two of ginger and a bit of finely diced onions. Add the shrimps and season with salt and pepper.

3. Saute the shrimps for a few minutes until just a bit undercooked but already coloured a bit pink. Take the shrimps off the saute pan. As much as possible, leave the bits of garlic, onion and ginger in the pan.

4. Add the coconut milk into the pan sauce and simmer. Stir occasionally to avoid the coconut milk sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning. Simmer till it becomes a bit thick.

5. Add the siling-daliri (long green finger chile) to the coconut milk and simmer for about 8-10 minutes. Add the shrimps back into the pan and simmer for about 5-8 minutes to avoid overcooking the shrimps.

add ko lang mas masarap kung hahaluan mo ng kamyas(ginatang hipon) tambayan/spoton.gif

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.
user posted image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHw_bBlvJq8
Time is
Too slow for those who wait,
Too swift for those who fear,
Too long for those who grieve,
Too short for those who rejoice,
But for those who love,
Time is eternity.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply